Monday, July 26, 2010

Beach Day In Winfield on Wednesday, July 28

Hello

We're going to Coral Beach on Wednesday afternoon (in Carr's Landing/Winfield area). I've heard it is a really nice beach complete with a wharf and dock. We're planning on seeing if some of the Vernon homelearners would like to meet us there as well. We'd enjoy it if you could join us too. Here are some directions I found online for getting there (I hope they're right - I've never been there).

http://www.kelownav acationrental. com/directions. html


Besides enjoying the beach and sunshine, I'd also like to take the chance to talk a bit, with those who are interested, about some teen workshops with SelfDesign High for this coming year. My son organized a film-making course earlier this year and the learners all really enjoyed it, we thought it would be great to discuss some other workshop/course ideas with other teens so that perhaps they could get something organized for September.

Please let me know if you think you might make it or if you can't make it but would be interested in getting together another time to talk about teen highschool workshop courses.

Thanks,
Heather

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun - the girls and I will be there!
Julie

Heather said...

Hello

I forgot to mention what time we would be there. We're aiming for around 1 - 1:30ish because we're stopping to pick blueberries in Winfield first. See you tomorrow.

Heather