Friday, June 20, 2008

Host families wanted.

My friend in Kelowna asked me to post this on the Vernon site. Her email address is shandra3@telus.net if you are interested in some more information about hosting a child. Here is Shandra's message.

Jacob, the organizer of Korean homestays, has a 12yo boy coming for 12 weeks, July 9 to Sept. 20th I think, and is lookingfor a host family. He also has several short term, 4 weeks, students coming. Hosting families receive $1200/month, which includes 2 hours of"tutoring time" by mom, and they cover all the activity expenses of the child. The students have other independent work to do as well. We are really enjoying our student, Su Hwan. He is funny and enjoys playing games. I haven't found it difficult to fit in the 2 hours oftutoring...we fit it in throughout the day. So if you are interested and want more info, just drop me a note!Shandra

No comments: