Thursday, January 25, 2007

dancing

Hi - I just want to mention that Evan is doing a boys' HipHop class with a really outstanding young teacher - Nikki, who is also my modern dance teacher. Anyway, she is open to doing things for people if there is demand (she spends Thursday evenings in Falkland for all of us Falkland dancers) and I was just thinking that if there were a group of similarly aged kids who wanted to dance together, I bet we could ask her to do a homeschooling camp in the summer for a week, or do a homeschooling dance class next year at the studio (Accentz, by Nature's Fare) or something like that. Evan loves his class, and this is a kid who doesn't take classes because he doesn't like being told what to do. He won't even take any more swimming lessons. She teaches many styles of dance and is very fun and always has great music and a big smile. The HipHop is very challenging (she has done a bit with us and it is extremely difficult) but the boys are totally into it. We really love her.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm on the look out for great teachers Monique. I love the yoga instructor that Liv has been going to - she's so real and respectful. I think Liv would love a dance class this summer or even earlier. I like the idea of short term commitments. She gets bored with classes after a while but a week long class could be fun.