Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Documentary

In my SPUD newsletter there was an interesting article about the documentary titled "Who Killed the Electric Car". It says the director's film has all the elements of a murder mystery as he looks at the birth and death of the electric car and its place in the history of a larger car culture. Did you know there were more electric cars on the road 100 years ago than gas-powered ones? It sounds very interesting and it's out on DVD.

Also, if you know anyone who is looking to get married, there is a new magazine out for eco-savvy brides and grooms. It offers beautiful, inspired, smart wedding ideas that support an environmentally and socially conscious lifestyle. The premier issue just launched this month.

www.portovert.com

That's my news for today.

Denny

2 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

I feel like I don't know anyone young enough to be getting married! But that can't be true... I looked at that website and really met my need for beauty! wow!

And I would like to learn more about the electric car phenomenon. Would love to be driving one!

Ms. M said...

I know someone getting married (Evan's dance teacher). What's the name of the magazine?

And I want to see that electric car movie too. We just watched The Corporation (the library has it) and it's very powerful and Evan loved it, even though much was over his head.