Friday, August 29, 2008

Processing Last night's meeting

Hi guys,

I feel compelled to try to process the amazing conversation we started last night. Our topic centered around mother self-care and I think I started to see just why this topic is so difficult; that perhaps we are stuck in beliefs that don't really allow us to think we matter enough. I mean, we didn't really get much into "how-to's", which I think we all want - because there is so much other stuff to process first. I think what makes our conversations so amazingly rich is that each of us is willing, at some time or another, to say out loud "wait a minute - you guys are totally overwhelming me and I feel inadequate" or whatever. It's those little glimmers of raw, gut-wrenching honest statements that really move us forward, and I want to thank all of you who have done this at some point or another (I hope you know who you are)!

I had a follow-up insight this morning, and it was really profound, but I've already forgotten it - sigh. But here's a new thought; maybe we need a phone list, so that if we get in a low spot we can call through the list until we find someone home who can walk us through our crisis. Well - it's an idea anyway, coming from someone who lives farther away than most. And I'll try to remember my really profound thought (I'm just sure it was a good one - LOL. It was something to do with those of us who keep trying this or that strategy to get our kids on-board with helping out, all to no avail............) and my phone number is 379-2057. It is long distance for most of you but if you phone me I can phone you right back toll free.

No comments: