Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Thanks to Kathy.

Thanks Kathy for organizing the courthouse thing. It was really interesting. It was rather horrifying for me to learn that people who are allowed to carry several weapons only get 3 months of training and believe that tazers have never killed anyone. It was also disturbing to find out that you can still get into the Armed Forces if you have a record for violent behaviour - but that's my mother sensibilities there! I think the kids found it all interesting and I really appreciate your effort in organizing the day - it was so cute to watch the kids do the "mock trial". They were really into it. That was definitely a real highlight for me.

So thanks!

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Yes, thank you Kathy!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I am also glad someone was as horrified as I was about the Tazers!!! I was sitting listening to him saying that tasers are only used once a person becomes basically agitated, angry and aggressive and then in the same breath how they don't kill people. Oh...unless they are already agitated, angry and aggressive!!! Huh, What? Did he really not see a correlation?! I was stunned to say the least.

Andrea said...

Yes, thanks, Kathy. I really appreciate the opportunity for Rhiannon and I.

Ms. M said...

Oh yes, that is spelled "taser". I had it wrong.

Ya - I really noticed that everyone in that place had a certain mind-set about a lot of things that doesn't match with how I see things. Andrea and I talked about what "institutionalization" does to people. I guess that's why we're homeschoolers!

Anonymous said...

Thank you from our family as well Kathy! Ali and Reid thoroughly enjoyed the mock trail.