Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Medicinal and edible plants class

I have contacted an herbalist named Barbara who runs the Wild Roots Learning Centre over past Enderby (www.wildrootsherbs.com). I asked her about a children's class. Here was her reply:

"I am going to be offering a "Children's Herb Camp" later on in the summer - most likely in July sometime. I haven't quite got all the details figured out yet but I will keep you posted. Alternatively, if you could round up enough people in Falkland or through your home schooling group I would be happy to put together a class for you."

So I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing a hands-on-in-the-woods nature class with us out here in Falkland. There is a forest very close to my house that is good for walking in (large trails cleared) with a lot of different little ecosystems and a lot of neat plants. I'm thinking we could picnic in the woods too. There's a creek for exploring as well (rubber boots good for this part).

OR - check out her website - she offers adult classes all the time. I'm going to try to take some of them.

5 comments:

julie said...

Cool! Maggie and Libby are really excited about this idea.

Mary-Sue said...

Wow! I've been wanting something just like this, for Annika and for me! Thanks for this, M!

Jill said...

You can definitely count us in for either of those ideas! Very exciting!

Andrea said...

Yes, I would love a class for parents and kids. I think I am, perhaps, more interested than Rhiannon... and I would like a class just for us HS'ers as a summer camp may conflict with stuff I am doing at the IWS. So cool! Thanks for this, Monique!

Ms. M said...

Ok then, I'll work on setting it up. What days would be OUT for any of you?

you can email me at mrichoux@telus.net to let me know. Or here.