Monday, March 12, 2007

Question

Wondering if we could all ponder this question and bring our thoughts/feelings tomorrow night:

"What needs do you bring to our monthly homelearning support meetings? What kind of discussions would fill you up and contribute to your homelearning journey with your children?"

(thanks, Denny!)

I'm wondering if we can start out the meeting by passing the talking stick (great idea, Monique!) around and giving everyone who wants to the opportunity to share what they're feeling, what they're needing, and what they're hoping will come of this meeting. I think we're all feeling anxious about the meeting, so with this sort of empathic start perhaps it will help to calm us and feel more present. I want you to know that I deeply believe that we will all leave with more understanding, more compassion and the feeling of really being seen and heard. This is the vision I am holding.

2 comments:

julie said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Mary-Sue. I feel very hopeful about the power of empathy in helping us really understand ourselves and each other. I'm looking forward to tonight as a chance to share and learn and get to know each other even better.

annette said...

Hello Everyone;
It's Annette here, finally able to respond. Not being the most adept at computers , i have only been reading the last 6 weeks here and now know how to respond, thanks to the help of seeing it on Andrea's computer. This blog has provided exactly what i would have answered to ''What i would want from the monthly meetings?"
I rarely came out to those meetings, as i never felt my needs fulfilled. Don't misunderstand , my needs are no small order, mainly because very little justifies the two hour drive required to come to town . I just don't have enough hours in the day. . SO as for personal support i get enough without needing the meetings. I DO want to have more support for my kids....meaningful gatherings for my kids with other homeschoolers. That said i want to thank the lovely soul who started this blog because now those needs of connecting are available to us. This BLOG is exactly what i have needed/wanted. So hence, i do not want to go to meetings at all. Nice to meet you all here.
Sadly though i have no idea of what the problems are that are leading up to tonights meeting. ( which i will not attend he he) If i knew i may be able to give some feedback. I am always full of creative insights and ideas that i would love to share. My main way of being a part of this community is thru this means. I think it would be savy to leave all posts up, even if they feel unpleasant.Call me an advocate for the good, the bad , and the ugly.
Hope to see ya all soon and wishing you all a meeting full of resolutions. Please share them.Hope spring is springing green ness all around us. :) :) :)
annette