Friday, March 2, 2007

Sharing Resources

Hi folks,

I was thinking that it would be great if we could share those kinds of resources that are expensive and that schools usually have but we don't. For example, if I bought one of those funky plastic skeletons I could put that on some kind of list that we keep, and then if you want to borrow a skeleton - there it is. I'm thinking of science-type stuff and whatever. So if people think this is a good idea perhaps we could start a list. So far I don't have much, but what I do have may be useful to others, such as my plastic beaker set. I would have a few things to put on a list if I thought about it a bit - things that we wouldn't mind sharing for a month at a time or so (we could trade them back and forth at our monthly meeting). So whatcha think?

PS - does anyone have a plastic skeleton?

5 comments:

julie said...

I think that's a great idea. I have a few resources that we don't use that much and would be happy to share. Maybe if others are interested we could start putting together a list at the meeting on Wednesday.

ange said...

Brilliant Monique, and I do have a plastic skeleton. It's not huge, but it comes with a book about the body parts and the skeleton comes apart and is kind of fun to put back together the right way :)

Jill said...

I love this idea Monique. I'm thinking about things like simple wood carving tools, older sewing machines, drafting tools, and hardly used craft equipment (small looms, knitting spools, candle making supplies, stamps). I wonder if we could have a permanent list and request process as part of our blog?

Mary-Sue said...

I love this idea. I'm eager to hear more about what this looks like to everyone on Wednesday. Sorry to hear Angela won't be able to make it! I'm sure looking forward to our meeting...

Ms. M said...

Oops -we forgot to talk about this at our meeting (although the flour grinder idea came up). Oh well -next month. Yes, let's start a permanent list.....um, I guess we could post it here? What would be easiest to manage/add to?