Saturday, October 4, 2008

Wildlife Park 2

Hi all,

Well, I think I emailed everyone who said they were coming, but I'm just making sure everyone knows the scoop.

So the park says that they will accomodate only 1 parent per 5 children in the "classroom" for the program and the rest would have to pay and then I guess could walk around the park and look at the animals. Younger siblings are not welcome in the classroom either. Their program strictly attends to ministry curriculum, but is supposedly "interactive and exciting". I must say I am just not sure. For some of you it's a very long way to go to end up in a restrictive, "schooly" type presentation.

I don't know how we decide which ones of us get to participate and which don't - the whole thing is ridiculous because we all want to be able to discuss the day with our kids I would imagine. I suspect that these folks (like so many others) just don't know how to get their mind out of a school-type situation. I must say I'm disappointed. The booking person suggested that we could go on a weekend instead when they do have animal encounters for the public. We have done this before and it is great - Liam had a snowy owl fly to his arm the first time we ever went.

So - I'm really not sure about going ahead and paying for it. The restrictions on parents and younger siblings is very off-putting. My inclination is to just go on a weekend and do our own thing, but if most people still want to go, we can do that too.

5 comments:

julie said...

I'd rather go on a weekend, anyway, so I don't have to hurry back for work.

Ms. M said...

I have put in a query with the park to see if they are willing to customize for us so that we could show up and all spend some time with a knowledgeable person and some animals, rather than a "program". I'll see what they say.

Jill said...

Anytime works for us - I think it would be nice to have a session for our group, but am not into leaving Liv and wandering around with my little ones. I appreciate you organizing this Monique.

Kathy said...

I would love to see something that is a program or session rather than just us on our own, as well. Our best days are generally Thursday thru Sunday, but will make any day work.
Thanks Monique for all your efforts!

Caroline said...

Thank you for organizing this Monique. Even though we weren't going to be able to come, I agree, going all together would be better than the older kids going with out us moms. Now that it'll be another time, we just might be able to come!