Wednesday, October 8, 2008

wildlife update

well I already wrote this in the wrong blog so this will be shorter.

Ok, I can pay $80 which we would split into everyone who shows up and then on top of that everyone would pay admission just as if it were a normal day - so if you have a membership you don't pay but if you don't, it's $12 per adult and $9 per child.

And for that we would get a tour and a private animal encounter.

So this could get mightly pricey for people with a few kids. I say we take our chances on a weekend - there's lots to do for a whole lot longer and it's much cheaper. We could plan a date and meet up there - car-pool just as we were planning.

AND - if people are interested in an outing that is free (except for gas), you are all invited out to my house for a hike in the woods - we have lots of trails and it's pretty cool in there, no difficult hiking but a great forest, and we could bring a picnic lunch (weather permitting) OR just hike and then have a kind of potluck lunch here at the house OR perhaps we could all meet and go hiking up Mt. Rose/Swanson outside of Armstrong. That is my all-time favourite hike and it's do-able for little kids too - and the view at the top is outstanding.

So there's some options - let me know. We could even do some "activities" on the hike - I have tonnes of cool books with wonderful ideas I've been wanting to try out. If everyone wears hoodies we could lie on the forest floor and imagine what it's like to be a bug. hee hee hee
So this would all depend on the weather of course.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Monique,

I would love to bring my kids out your way for a hike. I've never been to MT. Rose, but I've heard it is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear this whole thing has caused you so much grief. It was giving me a stomach ache just seeing what you were going through. I actually think our kids will get so much more out of being free and wild in nature than they could get out of an organized presentation so I'm quite happy to skip it altogether.

Ms. M said...

I agree Jill - let's let them be free! So some of us are meeting at my place on Wednesday and we'll hike in the woods and I'll have a big pot of soup ready for when we get back so we can warm up. You are all invited. Then another time we can meet at Mt. Rose/Swanson too.