Monday, September 29, 2008

Bread Recipe

Some of you were interested in my bread recipe. You can give it a go, but it might also be helpful to get together, so I can talk you through it.

My mom taught me how to make bread. I don't even know where she got this recipe. :0)

*Mix 6 cups luke warm water (sometimes I do hot and just have it cool down to the right temperature...this helps the sugar to dissolve nicely) with 5 table spoons sugar.

*When water is luke warm, sprinkler in 2 tablespoons yeast.

*Once yeast has activated, add 2 table spoons salt and 5 table spoons oil.

*Stir in the flour (I use best for bread, white, and whole wheat. I visited Roger's Foods (half way to Armstrong) for the first time this summer and was pleased with their flour) This varies each time. You just add it a scoop at a time until it feels right! This is the step that it's best for me to teach you in person for, if you are interested.

No comments: