Saturday, February 17, 2007

Another Option for ordering bulk flour

Karen's friend, Anita orders regularly from an organic mill in Chilliwack. We could also go in with her on an order. I'm thinking their flour might be more natural and definitely fresher, as they grind the wheat right there, fresh. Here's the link to the mill. They don't have the prices listed but according to Karen's price list (which is old) stone ground organic spelt is $43.80 for 20 kilos and whole wheat stone ground flour is $19.75 for 20 kilos.
Anita will be placing an order in the next couple of weeks. What do you think? I'm leaning towards this option.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am good with this option. I'll be happy to go along.

Andrea said...

So I have heard back from Anita's Flour Mill and got a price list. Here's the thing.... I confirmed with them that they are the ones who actually supply Dan-d-pak... And when we buy it from dan-d-pak, we are getting the same price as if we bought it straight from the mill. So... hmmm.... I, myself would rather go with dan-d-pak because there are other things besides flour that I would like to order - like cinnamon and another 13 years worth of sea salt...hehe and some more nuts and dried fruit. What do you all think?