Thursday, February 15, 2007

Food

So Mary Sue and I in our search for organic spelt flour at an affordable price have come to the conclusion that we must order it ourselves from the source. Big Buy which has been so gracious as to order it from Dan-d-pak is not ordering from them right now and might not be ordering from them again. Everywhere else Mary Sue looked was very expensive - especially if one is trying to do all their own baking.

So what we have decided to do is to put an order into Dan-d-pak ourselves. I have called and ordered the catalogue. You remember my stories about the 50lbs of sea salt and how much 5 lbs of oregano really is? Yes, that was ordered from Dan-d-pak (no idea if I am spelling that right...). From there we can order a 50 lb bag of organic whole grain spelt flour for $50. Now if we have an order for $1000 then the shipping is free. From these people you can also order many organic things and non-organic. In fact, I believe that Rancho Vignola gets some of their stuff from them (making an assumption from the box that my stuff came in). I've bought organic nuts from Dan-d-pak before and they were great. They have all kinds of baking stuff. I am thinking right now that I would like to get an order together every 3 months and buy 3 months worth of flour at a time. If we got a few people together, we could easily make the $1000 limit. If you are interested, let me know and I will arrange a get-together when the catalogue comes in. Feel free to share this with others, too. There will be no profit made on this.

You can check them out here. But they have much more than you can see on the website and they have things in large quantities - not just those little packages.

1 comment:

Mary-Sue said...

maybe Karen could post the information from the other option?