Tuesday, February 13, 2007

spring cleaning

For those of you who were not at our meeting last week - I suggested we get together and spring clean each other's homes. What I'd like to see is us getting together (with our kids who can help if they'd like) once a week until spring. We'd clean one house each week until we were done. I'm thinking of doing things like windows, walls, cupboards, dusting, and de-cluttering. Or - we could focus on one big job (like a really disorganized storage room).I guess we could do just about anything that would make you feel ready for spring. If you are interested please let me know asap so I can start organizing this. When you respond please let me know which days work best for you and which jobs you would like to have done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, this is a wonderful idea. I am willing and able to help and would like to take a rain check on my home and have help cleaning after we move out as well as maybe an extra hand if I may be so bold and ask for a hand wiping everything down in our new home. Mornings are best for me except Fridays other than that we are almost always free. Thanks for bringing this up. Michelle

Mary-Sue said...

I love this idea, Jill. It's an idea I loved from The Continuum Concept (doing housechores together), and so glad you brought up. I would like to be in on this, and can make any day work but Thursdays (yoga)and Wednesdays (Silly Science).
I admit, though, that the thought of so many children running around a house being cleaned, um...doesn't fill my need for order, per se. But I'm definitely willing to give this whole idea a try. Would we all be present at each house or would we work in groups? It might be easier that way to work around everyone's tight schedules that way. Like the people who are free on Fridays could gather one week, the people available on Tuesdays the next week... I don't know. I'm sure it will work out beautifully...
One thing, let's try to remember to take photos at our gatherings so that we can post some on here. Is everyone comfortable with that?

Andrea said...

I'm into it. Wednesdays are a good day for me or Tuesday mornings... Thursdays will be good for me after the first week of March.